Tuesday, June 9, 2009

BABYMOON!

A Babymoon is a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage.

We started our babymoon by stopping for a long lunch in beautiful Savannah!


First things first, Ryan had Oysters on Savannah's famous River Street.


I sat there almost too disgusted to watch him eat oysters - they are so slimy!

We found a children's book about two kids who adventure through Savannah. We tried to take pictures at many of the places referenced in the book - now Ally has a fun book and pictures of mommy and daddy on the same adventure!



















Now, off to Amelia Island!


Our hotel, it was a fabulous place!



Just your classic beach pictures!


The pool! We were amazed at the service there! They waited on us hand and foot at the pool - opening and closing the umbrella when we wanted, bringing us ice water every half hour, fresh towels, etc!



We love doing sand art when we are at the beach!


We went into town one night and stopped at Amelia Islands favorite ice cream shop. Southern Livining rated it the #1 place to get ice cream!


I have never been a real ice cream eater and thought eating ice cream during pregnancy was just a cliché thing - but I CRAVE ice cream all the time. I've limited myself to once a week though so I don't become a big scoop of ice cream!


Of course we did the spa thing. I had a 90 minute "Mamma Mia" massage in one of the most amazing spas I've ever been in. They had a relaxation room you sit in for a few minutes before your massage, then off for your treatment and then to the private pool. Ryan had the sports massage that included the water treatment part of the spa (I couldn't go because it was a series of hot tubs and high pressure water pools). What a great experience!


Cunningham vacations are always about food and this trip was no different! We were surrounded by food everywhere we turned and fortunately and unfortunately it was all delicious! By the last day, as we lay on the beach I could barely see the water over my big belly (I'm pretty sure Ally gained at least a pound while we were there).

No comments: